General Visitor Visa UK | Complete and Detailed Information
Most of the people apply for General Visitor visa to visit United Kingdom and to meet their friends, family members, relatives, historical places and to fulfill other needs. Under this visa category anyone can apply and visit UK on holidays or other circumstances if they meet conditions and will stay up to 6 months in the United Kingdom.
Who can apply General Visitor visa:
- The people who want to visit the UK on their holidays to meet their family, friends and etc.
- People from European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland
- If the visitor donates his body part to UK person or person who is living in UK
In above circumstances people can apply for UK Visitor visa. They should apply before 3 months prior to travel time, the decision on approval or rejected will announced within 3 weeks from the date of apply.
Fee structure for General Visitor visa:
Generally it costs £83 to apply. Long-term visit visa fees are:
- £300 for 1 year
- £300 for 2 years
- £544 for 5 years
- £737 for 10 years
Eligibility Criteria for General Visitor visa:
- 18 years or over
- Visiting UK not for work or study
- They should have financial support
- And other necessary eligibilities
- Latest passport or valid travel identification
- Colour passport size photographs (2)
- You have to provide 6 month's pay slips or bank statements which must support your financial needs.
- You have to inform on where do you stay and your travel plans
- If the documents are not in English language then you have to provide translated version of the documents.
Depending on the need, one should submit other documents.
How to Apply:
Generally there are two ways to apply for the visitors UK visa, one is applying from out site UK and in the UK.
Applying from Outside the UK:
Every applicant must apply through online only and able to provide fingerprints and photographs taken from visa application center as part of your application. North Korea people cannot apply UK visitor visa through online.
Applying in the UK:
The persons who are applying in the UK have only one chance that is extending general visitor visa.
Process for Extending your General Visitor Visa:
Generally the UK visitor visa time period is 6 months, if the applicant applied for 2 months and want to extend it for 3 months or 4 moths, he can apply for extension of the visa before it expires and the applicant should be in the UK.
Fee for Extending General Visitor Visa:
- by post £601
- in person £1,001
Extending General Visitor Visa approval time:
- By post application, it generally takes within 8 weeks
- In person or premium service it takes same day or next day
How long one can stay in UK on General Visitor Visa:
- One can stay in the United Kingdom max of 6 months.
- If the person had not applied for max of 6 months than he can able to extend for max of up to 6 months.